Dental Emergencies Welcome Early, Late & Weekend Hours Walk-ins Welcome Free 2nd Opinions
1561 SW Wilshire Blvd. #435 Burleson, TX 76028
(817) 933-3883 Visit Us in Midlothian

Celebrate National Dental Hygiene Month with These 5 Tips

October 10, 2020

Filed under: Uncategorized — Jay Oza @ 1:35 am
Woman flossing as recommended by Burleson dentist

Achieving a beautiful, healthy smile takes a lifetime of care. Even if you’ve been told you have nice teeth, it’s essential to take the right steps to care for them and prevent problems. Thankfully, practicing a few simple habits can go a long way for maintaining excellent oral health. To celebrate National Dental Hygiene Month this October, start implementing these five tips from your Burleson dentist for a healthier smile!

Tip #1: Be Mindful of How You Brush

If you’re not brushing your teeth correctly, you may be doing your smile more harm than good! Brushing with too much force or too quickly can wear away your enamel and leave behind lots of plaque and bacteria. Take your time while brushing and use small, circular brushing movements.

Tip #2: Treat Flossing and Brushing as Equally Important

Flossing may not be your favorite part of your daily dental routine, but it’s just as important as brushing. In fact, some studies report that brushing only removes about 60% of dangerous particles from your mouth. The other 40% accumulate in areas that can only be cleaned out by flossing, so you’ll need to floss daily to minimize your risk of issues like tooth decay and gum disease.

Tip #3: Don’t Forget to Clean Your Tongue and Gums

Just like your teeth, plaque and bacteria build up on your tongue and gums throughout the day and night. If they’re not cleared away regularly, you could develop problems like chronic bad breath, mouth infections, or gum disease. Take a few moments twice every day to gently clean every part of your mouth when you brush, not just your teeth!

Tip #4: Drink More Water for a Healthier Smile

Not only is staying hydrated important for your overall health, but it can help keep your smile healthy and clean as well. Drinking water throughout the day encourages saliva production and washes away cavity-causing particles before they have a chance to accumulate.

Tip #5: Get a Dental Checkup & Cleaning Twice a Year

Even if your teeth look and feel fine, it’s important to get a dental checkup and cleaning twice a year. Your dentist will be able to detect issues that you may not be able to see or feel yet and put a stop to them before they begin to cause you any unnecessary damage or discomfort. Routine preventive care every six months can save you time, money, and discomfort in the long run!

Your smile plays a key role in nearly every aspect of your everyday life, so it’s important to take care of it properly with great dental hygiene! Keep these five tips in mind to maintain great oral health for life.  

About the Practice

The talented team of Marvel Dental offers a wide range of services to help the smiles of Burleson, TX overcome nearly any oral health issue. However, they’d much rather help stop problems before they start! That’s why they encourage all their patients to come in for a thorough checkup and cleaning every six months. With a combination of state-of-the-art dental technology and delightful patient amenities, they go above and beyond to make achieving excellent oral health as pleasant as possible! For more dental hygiene tips, they can be contacted via their website or at (817) 933-3883.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.