Dental Emergencies Welcome Early, Late & Weekend Hours Walk-ins Welcome Free 2nd Opinions
1561 SW Wilshire Blvd. #435 Burleson, TX 76028
(817) 933-3883 Visit Us in Midlothian

Save Money by Seeing Your Dentist Before Your Insurance Benefits Expire

November 2, 2020

Filed under: Uncategorized — Jay Oza @ 12:59 pm
man smiling at his dentist in Burleson

As we head into the holiday season with the COVID-19 pandemic having no end in sight, many people are trying to save money any way they can. For some, this means canceling their routine dental checkups and cleanings. While you might think this can save you money, it couldn’t be further from the truth, especially if you have dental insurance. On average, less than 3% of Americans use all of the benefits they’re paying for. The other 97% are practically throwing money away! To avoid this, take the time to learn how seeing your dentist in Burleson before 2020 ends can benefit your smile as well as your wallet.

Choose Affordable Dental Care

Even among the American adults who have dental insurance, two-thirds of them don’t visit their dentist as often as they should. For most people, this is twice a year, or once every six months.

Although every plan is different, most of them fully cover the cost of preventive care like cleanings, and they cover about 50-80% of restorative treatments. For this reason, it makes more financial sense to attend your regular checkups and avoid being saddled with a hefty dental bill.

Enjoy a Healthier Mouth

Preventive services are almost fully covered by insurance because research has shown that it greatly reduces long-term dental expenses. In fact, every dollar that you spend on preventive care can save you up to $50 on restorative or emergency care down the road.

Along with diligent at-home oral hygiene, keeping up with your checkups and cleanings can prevent oral health problems, such as gum disease and tooth decay, from developing in the first place. Even if you do end up with a problem, like a cavity, your dentist can spot it during your exam and promptly treat it. Although a filling may cost you a small copay, it’s much cheaper than waiting until the decay worsens. By that point, not only will it likely hurt more, but you’ll require a pricier and more extensive procedure, like root canal therapy.

Make the Most of Your Dental Insurance Benefits

Most dental insurance plans run on a calendar year. If you don’t use all of your coverage by December 31, 2020, your benefits will not roll over into 2021. All of that money goes back to the insurance company. Basically, this means you’ve paid your premiums and received nothing in return.

To maximize your insurance benefits, schedule an appointment with your dentist in Burleson before the rush of the holidays. They can help save money and keep your smile bright and healthy!  

About the Practice

The skilled team at Marvel Dental offers a wide range of services to help their patients in the Burleson, TX community overcome nearly any oral health problem. However, they’d rather prevent these issues in the first place, which is why they emphasize the importance of routine checkups. They’re in-network with several dental insurance carriers, including Cigna, BlueCross BlueShield, and Delta Dental. To learn more about saving money on dental care, contact Marvel Dental at (817) 933-3883.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.